The Government of Ontario requested that people in Ontario make proposals for Climate Change and environmental sustainability. 1.500 people attended 5 in-person consultations across Ontario and they received 31,369 votes. The following are the most popular positive proposals:
- Mandatory climate disaster readiness preparations/plans
- Add energy performance to real-estate required disclosures
- End all oil and gas subsidies
- Fee and dividend--the best way to tackle climate change!
- Improve Building Efficiency through Mechanical Insulation
- Invest in wetlands and establish/maintain partnerships with groups that facilitate research/work in this field
- Increased Protection and Enforcement of Environment
- Need to Continue Working Towards a Healthy Agricultural System
- Direct the OMB to enforce existing anti-sprawl legislation
- Sell hydro utilities to Ontarians, not to special interests
'via Blog this'
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.